Aquafy offers a live arrival guarantee on all live goods. It is rare that any live goods die in transit, but it is important to understand DOA (dead on arrival) policies when ordering live goods online.
Partial or full refunds for dead on arrival goods are available under the following conditions:
- The buyer must contact within 2 hour sof the package arriving with recorded video and many evidence images of the dead goods in an unopened bag/container. If you are not personally available to receive the package, it is recommended to have someone else home or send it to your work address to receive and check the shrimp sooner.
- Claims cannot be made on bags/containers already opened by the buyer (burst or damaged during postage may be claimed). It is up to the buyer to be able to provide proper care and avoid the death of any live goods once bags/containers have been opened.
- You may be asked to cut dead specimens in half to prove if goods are truly dead if photos are not sufficient. Unfortunately, some people have tried to claim DOA on healthy arrivals. This is an extra measure to avoid fraudulent claims.
If some of the live goods arrive dead, you are eligible for a refund to the cost of the item (eg. if 1 of 10 shrimp arrived dead, you are entitled to a refund of the value of the 1 shrimp). For cultures or live goods not easily quantified, we'll refund based on the extent of the damage.
If more than 70% of the total value of live goods arrived dead, you are eligible for a full refund of the entire live order, postage included.
We pack our goods as best we can to avoid DOAs, and generally speaking, it is rare to have them occur. Should the need ever arise, don't open the bag or container, take photos and videos and contact us ASAP. When doing so, provide your order details (name, order number, and which items are affected) so that we can resolve things ASAP.
NOTE: For DOA Claims:
Please send a video of you unboxing the items. Include a video and a picture of the parcel with the items inside it. DOA claims should be filed one hour after you received the parcel.
DOA Claims will not be approved if you failed to follow the requirements.
Other things to consider before placing an order:
- Check to see if your tank has enough space.
- Ensure your tank is fully cycled.
- Ensure your new livestock is compatible tank mates for any other fish you currently have (in terms of habitat, species, requirements, temperament, and size)
- Ensure that, your water parameters, the habitat and temperature are suitable for the species you want to introduce.
- Do not stock your tank too quickly, or suddenly a large influx of fish can unbalance your water parameters that will affect the water quality.
- Do not feed your new fish/shrimp/snails for 24hrs. They need time to settle in and feel at home. Feeding them too quickly puts their health at risk, and it can even affect your water quality. If you have existing fish in your aquarium, feeding them before releasing the new fish is a good idea.
- Don’t be alarmed if, upon arrival, your fish, shrimp or snail look pale or lethargic. This is normal behavior while in transit, and they should return to full colour and vibrancy after settling into their new home for a few days.
Procedures, Terms and Conditions
- Owner must be home when livestock or live plant arrive (livestock returned to the depot or left unattended will void a D.O.A. Credit/Refund)
- Livestock must be shipped to a real address. PO BOXES and other third-party addresses are not accepted and will void the D.O.A policy. Also, any inaccurate or wrong addresses will void the D.O.A policy.
- Within 2 hours of getting the shipment, send an email to email@example.com. This email must have all relevant information, including name, order number, approx. time received, number of bags affected, QTY of livestock DOA, and images of both the livestock in the bag (before opening) and individual images of livestock once unbagged(after opening). (We will not accept any claim via text Messages, phone call, SMS, or Facebook Messenger. All correspondence must be carried out via email ONLY)
Terms & Conditions for Purchase of Live Fish:
- 1. Extreme temperatures that will put the welfare of fish at risk during transit.
- 2. The state or health of the fish has been declared unfit for shipping.
- 3. There isn't enough supply to satisfy an order.
When you order dry goods with Livestock, they are usually shipped separately and may take longer to arrive than the livestock shipment.
For missing items, kindly record a video or some photos and send as proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 hours upon the receipt of the parcel. Our customer support will get back to you shortly upon receiving your message.