NQ Algae Shrimp
Size - approx 1-1.5cm
The North Qld Algae Shrimp is a very popular and active algae-eating species. They are ravenous eaters, consuming not only most algae, but eat dead plant castoff material (detritus) and clean the tank of leftover food.
They are quite small, averaging between 1-2cm centimeters, making them ideal for a smaller tank. They only resist eating blue-green and green spot algae ( but have known to eat Black Beard Algae when no other food source is available)
It's one of the best all rounder clean up crew
NQ Algae Shrimp (Caridina Longirostris) are remarkable invertebrates known for their excellent algae-eating capabilities and striking appearance. Let's explore their characteristics and care guidelines:
- NQ Algae Shrimp feature a translucent body with vibrant red or orange markings, adding color and vibrancy to the aquarium.
- They actively consume various types of algae, making them valuable in controlling unwanted algae growth.
- These shrimp have long, distinctive rostrums, or noses, which give them a unique and fascinating appearance.
Basic Guide for Growing NQ Algae Shrimp:
- Water Parameters: NQ Algae Shrimp thrive in a temperature range of 68-78°F (20-25°C) and slightly acidic to neutral pH levels.
- Diet: Provide a balanced diet of algae, biofilm, and commercial shrimp food. Supplement with blanched vegetables if needed.
- Tank Compatibility: They are peaceful and can be housed with other peaceful invertebrates and small, non-aggressive fish.
- Provide ample hiding places, such as plants and caves, for the shrimp to feel secure.
- Maintain good water quality and provide a stable environment.
- Avoid sudden changes in water parameters, as it can stress or harm the shrimp.
- Do not house them with aggressive or larger species that may pose a threat.
We ship from Mondays to Wednesdays (all orders from Monday to noon of Wednesday will be ship out in the same week and any orders made after noon of Wednesday will be processed next Monday).
For any livestock you have in your order, we will ship them via Australia Post express service. This will usually take 24 - 48 hours to reach you after leaving our workshop.
Any other dry goods, bonsai, plants, and accessories will be sent via standard post. Usually, you will receive the items within 3-7 business day after order is fulfilled.
We alway try to process your order as soon as we can, if you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.