Leopard Ramshorn Snail
You will receive one Leopard Ramshorn Snail around 0.5-1cm in diameter.
Leopard Ramshorn Snails (Marisa cornuarietis) are captivating snails that feature a unique leopard-like pattern on their shells. These snails are larger than traditional Ramshorn Snails and require slightly different care. They thrive in freshwater aquariums with stable water conditions and a temperature range of 68-82°F (22-28°C). Leopard Ramshorn Snails are voracious plant eaters and should be monitored if you have live plants in your aquarium. To breed Leopard Ramshorn Snails, maintain a balanced diet and provide a suitable environment with hiding places for egg-laying.
Leopard Ramshorn Snails are very attractive and are great tank cleaners. Their food sources include
dead or decaying plant matter, algae, uneaten fish food and dead tank mates.They do not harm healthy aquarium plants. Ramshorn Snail food should also include calcium-rich supplements, which is important for healthy shell growth.
They are great community tank mates and are safe with all fish, shrimp, and plants. These snails reproduce extremely quickly, making them a perfect live food starter colony for puffers and other snail-eaters. Juvenile snails grow to breeding size within 2 months. These snails can grow up to 4cm in diameter.
Leopard Ramshorn Snails (Planorbarius corneus) are eye-catching invertebrates known for their distinctive, spiral-shaped shells with vibrant leopard-like patterns. Here are the characteristics and care guidelines for Leopard Ramshorn Snails:
- Leopard Ramshorn Snails possess shells in various shades of brown or red with dark leopard-like spots.
- They play a vital role in the aquarium ecosystem by consuming detritus, algae, and leftover fish food.
- These snails are peaceful and add a unique visual element to the aquascape.
Basic Guide for Growing Leopard Ramshorn Snails:
- Water Parameters: Leopard Ramshorn Snails thrive in a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and neutral pH levels.
- Diet: They primarily feed on detritus, algae, and decaying plant matter. Supplement their diet with algae wafers or blanched vegetables.
- Tank Compatibility: They can coexist with most fish and other invertebrates but should be monitored if housed with plants they may consume.
- Provide a well-maintained aquarium with a balanced ecosystem to ensure the snails' well-being.
- Regularly monitor the population to prevent overpopulation.
- Avoid introducing Leopard Ramshorn Snails to aquariums with copper-based medications, as they are sensitive to copper.
Care level: Easy
Life span: 1–2 years
Tank: Freshwater; 5+ Liters
Feeding: Generally herbivorous; eats decaying plant matter
We ship from Mondays to Wednesdays (all orders from Monday to noon of Wednesday will be ship out in the same week and any orders made after noon of Wednesday will be processed next Monday).
For any livestock you have in your order, we will ship them via Australia Post express service. This will usually take 24 - 48 hours to reach you after leaving our workshop.
Any other dry goods, bonsai, plants, and accessories will be sent via standard post. Usually, you will receive the items within 3-7 business day after order is fulfilled.
We alway try to process your order as soon as we can, if you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.