Phoenix Moss (Fissidens Fontanus)
Similar in size to 10c coin.
Phoenix Moss (Fissidens fontanus), is a North American aquatic moss that has recently been gaining popularity in the freshwater aquarium hobby. This plant is a very fluffy, lush green plant that will attach to most surfaces and can eventually grow into a large mat of impressive size. Like many similar plants, it provides refuge for shrimp and fish fry and makes for an attractive and useful grazing area for shrimp. It can be easily attached to driftwood and rockwork. It is slow-growing and requires low to moderate light. We also have its cousin Fissidens 'Mini Nobilis' available!
- Temperature: 18° - 25° C
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Aquarium placement: Any, can be attached to driftwood and rocks
- Care: Easy to moderate
Phoenix Moss (Fissidens Fontanus): Phoenix Moss, also known as Fissidens Fontanus, is a captivating aquatic moss prized for its unique appearance and versatility in aquascaping. Let's explore its characteristics and care guidelines:
- Phoenix Moss features lush, green, feathery fronds that form dense mats.
- It has a distinctive branching pattern, resembling the shape of a phoenix feather.
- This moss is well-suited for creating intricate moss walls, carpets, or accenting hardscape elements.
Basic Guide for Growing Phoenix Moss:
- Lighting: Provide moderate to high lighting for optimal growth.
- Water Parameters: Phoenix Moss thrives in a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and soft to moderately hard water.
- Attachment: Attach the moss to rocks, driftwood, or other hardscape elements using a thin fishing line or glue.
- Maintenance: Trim and prune the moss regularly to maintain its desired shape and prevent overgrowth.
- Ensure proper water circulation to avoid stagnant areas and promote healthy growth.
- Regularly inspect and clean the moss to prevent debris accumulation.
- Experiment with different placements and techniques to create stunning moss arrangements.
- Avoid excessive shading from other plants or objects, as it may hinder the moss's growth.
- Do not allow the moss to become completely dry, as it requires a consistently moist environment.
We can’t ship Livestock and Live Plants to WA and TAS due to State Restrictions. Please check out our DOA and other policies before purchase!!
We ship from Mondays to Wednesdays (all orders from Monday to noon of Wednesday will be ship out in the same week and any orders made after noon of Wednesday will be processed next Monday).
For any livestock you have in your order, we will ship them via Australia Post express service. This will usually take 24 - 48 hours to reach you after leaving our workshop.
Any other dry goods, bonsai, plants, and accessories will be sent via standard post. Usually, you will receive the items within 3-7 business day after order is fulfilled.
We alway try to process your order as soon as we can, if you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.