You will receive 3 corms，no plants．
Water Chestnuts are an essential ingredient in Asian cooking. They taste like a combination of apple, chestnut and coconut, which makes them versatile in salads, stir fries and dim sims! Water Chestnuts take 8 months to harvest and they prefer to grow in water. They are a generous vegetable as 1 corm can yield up to 2 kg per year!
- How to grow water chestnuts in a garden
- Water chestnuts (Eleocharis dulcis) can be grown in a pond, an old bathtub or even a large waterproof bowl or bucket. Plant the corms in spring, about 5cm deep and 2 corms to the square metre. Keep the plants moist until they are about 10cm tall, then fill the container up with water until it’s about 7-10cm deep, with the tips of the leaves just showing. Leave the pot flooded at that depth for about seven months, then drain off the water in late autumn. Leave the soil moist but not wet for another month or so, then harvest the water chestnuts. Water chestnuts will grow in most areas of Australia, but they are frost tender and require at least an 8 month growing season.
- Limnорhilа Sessiliflоrа
Care Level: easy
Growth Rate: Fast
Tank Placement: Background, will grow to the top of your aquarium
Lighting Requirement: will thrive in low to bright light
Ideal Temperature: 70°-86°F (18°-30°C)
Water Hardness: up to 20 dGH (333 ppm)
- The Edible Water Chestnut features thin, grass-like leaves that grow in tufts from creeping rhizomes.
- It forms a dense carpet-like mat that provides a natural and authentic look to the aquarium.
- As a bonus, the corms produced by this plant can be harvested and consumed as a tasty treat.
Basic Guide for Growing Edible Water Chestnut:
- Lighting: Moderate to high lighting is recommended for healthy growth and corm development.
- Substrate: A nutrient-rich substrate or a mix of sand and loam provides a suitable base for the rhizomes.
- Water Parameters: Edible Water Chestnut prefers a temperature range of 68-82°F (20-28°C) and a neutral pH level.
- Planting: Plant the rhizomes in the substrate, leaving enough space for horizontal growth and carpet formation.
- Provide moderate to high lighting to ensure healthy growth and corm development.
- Maintain a nutrient-rich substrate to support the plant's nutritional needs.
- Harvest and enjoy the edible corms as a delightful addition to your culinary adventures.
- Avoid overcrowding to allow ample light penetration and promote proper growth.
- Do not harvest all the corms, as leaving some behind ensures continuous growth and replenishment.
We ship from Mondays to Wednesdays (all orders from Monday to noon of Wednesday will be ship out in the same week and any orders made after noon of Wednesday will be processed next Monday).
For any livestock you have in your order, we will ship them via Australia Post express service. This will usually take 24 - 48 hours to reach you after leaving our workshop.
Any other dry goods, bonsai, plants, and accessories will be sent via standard post. Usually, you will receive the items within 3-7 business day after order is fulfilled.
We alway try to process your order as soon as we can, if you have any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.